Coronavirus latest: A further 60 patients die in hospitals across the region
THE North-East and North Yorkshire has seen the biggest rise in patient deaths, latest figures this afternoon show.
Across hospitals in the region, trusts have reported 60 new deaths from patients who tested positive for coronavirus.
NHS England said a further 561 coronavirus patients from across the UK had now died – bringing the total in England to 2,698.
It said all patients were aged between 22 and 100 years old – forty four of the 561 patients had no known underlying health conditions.
The new reported deaths across the region range from March 21 to April 1.
The patients died at hospitals run by the following trusts – number indicates new patient deaths.
- County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust – 18
- Gateshead Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust – 8
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust – 3
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust – 5
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – 15
- South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust – 8
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – 2
- York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – 1
How many cases are there now in the UK
As of 9am on Thursday (April 2), the Department of Health said a total of 33,718 across the UK had tested positive for COVID-19.
It said 163,194 people had now been tested – while across the UK as of April 1, 2921 people had died.