Denver Broncos star Von Miller says he has been cleared following battle with coronavirus

Jace Evans
USA TODAY

Published 10:14 PM EDT Apr 30, 2020

Denver Broncos star linebacker Von Miller said Thursday that he has been cleared following his battle with the coronavirus. 

“Got my results back. I’m ‘negative’ for COVID-19,” Miller, the MVP of Super Bowl 50, wrote on Twitter. 

Miller had been diagnosed the week of April 12th, and had detailed his symptoms in an interview with the “Today” show on April 17. 

“I was shocked,” Miller said then, “I’ve been here in Denver for about four weeks now. I’ve probably left the house four times. With all those four times, I never got out of the car.” 

His symptoms had started as “a simple cough” then “got worse,” he said. At the time of the April 17 interview, he said his symptoms were mild and that he was feeling better. On April 28, responding to a fan on Twitter asking how he was, he wrote: “I’m better everyday!”  

Denver Broncos star Von Miller says he has been cleared following battle with coronavirus 1

Miller had said in an Instagram story that he had gone public with his diagnosis so people “take this seriously.” 

The Broncos selected Miller, now 31, with the second overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft. An eight-time Pro Bowl selection, he has 106 sacks in his career. 

Contributing: Jori Epstein

Read More

Related Posts

Leave a comment