TUI cancels all trips until July leaving thousands of Scots facing axed holidays

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Invalid Email

Scots who still hoped to jet off to the sun this summer have had their dreams dashed after TUI cancelled all upcoming trips and cruises.

The holiday giant announced today that bookings have once again been axed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The firm had hoped to be back up and running again by June 12 despite the health crisis.

But today bosses have pulled the plug on all holidays due to travel restrictions still in place due to a risk of the spread of Covid-19 until July 1, and cruises until August.

Guidance from the Foreign Office advises against all non-essential trips abroad, and there is currently no prospect of this changing soon.

German owned TUI is the UK’s biggest package holiday operator

Now TUI – the biggest holiday firm in the UK – has also suspended its Marella Cruises sailings up to July 30.

TUI said in a statement that it has extended the suspension of holidays “due to the ongoing travel restrictions”.

A statement on the website reads: “Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised against all but essential travel.

“If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, we’re really sorry to say that it has been cancelled.

“TUI holidays travelling on or before 30 June 2020, TUI River Cruises sailings travelling up until and including 25 November 2020 [and] Marella Cruises sailings on or before 30 July 2020.”

The move to delay holidays has also been taken by TUI’s biggest rival Jet2holidays.

A mandatory 14-day quarantine for all travellers arriving in the UK is due to begin on June 8.

TUI has cancelled holidays until July and cruises until August

The new rules will apply to all returning holidaymakers – but will be reviewed every few weeks.

No mainstream UK tour operator will run trips until the FCO changes its position.

It comes as dozens of travel companies have called on the Home Secretary Priti Patel to scrap the rule.

Signed by more than 70 travel bosses, the letter warns it will “deter foreign visitors from travelling to the UK” and “deter UK visitors from going abroad.”

TUI previously apologised to hundreds of thousands of customers after they battled to get their cash back.

Read More

Coronavirus in Scotland

If you now opt to delay your trip, TUI has said it will offer a further credit of up to 20 per cent on a future holiday, if your original booking was for a package holiday.

And the firm has now created a section online where people can secure a cash refund, after customers complained of long waits.

To secure a refund or delay your holiday, click here.

Read More

Related Posts

Leave a comment